Monday, September 12, 2011

He sees the Best in you!!

4Then the word of the Lord came to me [Jeremiah], saying, 5Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. 6Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am only a youth. 7But the Lord said to me, Say not, I am only a youth; for you shall go to all to whom I shall send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. 8Be not afraid of them [their faces], for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord. 9Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. 10See, I have this day appointed you to the oversight of the nations and of the kingdoms to root out and pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.” Jeremiah 1:4-10

Last weekend happened to be one of my best weekends. I love road trips and it was one of those weekends that you go to shagz after a couple of months not seeing your folks and siblings; and this was one of the many that I have done but it was with a difference. Apart from just enjoying the road trip, I got a chance to meet one of my sons at home and we had a long chat and he shared with me how ministry has been challenging to him and he didn’t get any support from friends and even at some point, the church leadership and even friends. To him, he expected the people around him to see and recognize what he was doing but yet, no one seemed to care.

I bet you might have reached to that point whereby you so much need support but yet no one seems to care or even see what you are engrossed in doing  leave alone being committed to. At such times is when you look back and you are tempted to give up on God thinking that He sees not what you are doing and in one way or another, we find ourselves loosing our passion, dedication, motivation and commitment to what was once a motivation for us to serve God. I do not know about you but I have been there and I thought for a moment that I wasn’t the best person for the job and I might have taken over someone’s position and got myself into this messbut I want you to know that there is nothing that catches God by surprise or will ever do. He has ordained and ordered everything to fall in the rightful place and in the right time. Most times, we start qualifying our doubts and giving God reasons as to why we are not the right people to go on with the ministry that He has called us to. 

When you read the account of Jeremiah above, you will get to realize that he was telling God one thing: - I am not the right person; Look for someone else. This is the attitude that most Christians have towards what God has called us to do and until we realize why God looks at us and sees that we are the right candidates for the job that He wants done, we will always live like Jonah - Always on the un but eventually God will catch up on us. You need to know that God cut you out and created you for a purpose. You are not here by accident or chance.. you are here on a divine mission. It is the high time that we ceased giving God reasons as to why we are not the best candidates for the calling and work that He has created and cut out for us and instead start asking Him to help us to accomplish what He has called us for.

Look at Moses in Exodus 3:10-15; God meets with Moses at the burning bush and He sends him back to Egypt to deliver the children of Israel from their captivity. But from the conversation, you can clearly see that Moses thought that he wasn’t the right man for the Job. This is what He asks God in “So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.” But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” (vs. 10-11). This is how many of us are. Always doubting ourselves and wondering if we are really up to and whether we qualify for the assignment that we have been called to. Let me tell you one thing. You will realize that in the bible, God never used qualified people but He Qualified them that He chose and called for s specific purpose.

You do not have to run away from God’s call simply because you feel that  you are not efficient or qualified… He who called you knew that you are not qualified but yet He chose you. All you need to do is allow Him to make you what He wants you to be and qualify you for the work He has called you for. Paul encourages us and tells us “And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” (Philippians 1:6 - Amplified Bible) I love the same verse and how the Message bible puts it. It says There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears.” You need to know that it is not you who called yourself, but God called you - He began the good work. And because He is God and He is the master planner, He will keep it and bring it to an end.

Just see the four highlights that I have made on the scripture above. The four highlights give us the start to the end process of How God uses us.

  • God Starts - This is when God creates us, He creates us with a purpose and a calling cut out for us. In due season, He calls us and we hear his voice and when we hearken to his call, He places us in the rightful place where we will be able to fulfill our mission.
  • Keeps it - God told Moses in Exodus 3:12 “And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.…” God will always make sure that what He has started will come to accomplishment. He will sustain whatever He starts in you and bring it to fulfillment. You do not have to worry about what to do next.. all you need is to trust in him. He will fight the battles for you and mould you into the kind of a vessel he wants of you only allow Him to. We are just
  • Brings it to Completion - You need to know that it is the joy of the Lord when He sees us accomplish what He has called us to do. The Message bible reminds us that when God finished creating, He looked back and said… “It is good”. This is the desire at the heart of God to see that everything that He starts is finished Flourishingly and achieves its purpose. The lord will guide you in all that you need to do in the call and purpose that He has called you to.

God sees the best in you even when the people around you or yourself do not see it. You are created with a potential that only God and you can realize and together, you can activate the same and make a big impact in this world. Moses looked at himself and saw a stammer and someone slow in speech but God saw a great leader and prophet in him. Jeremiah looked at himself and saw a little boy who was young and knew not how to speak, but God saw a prophet unto the nations with a great mandate. When Gideon looked at himself, all he could see was that he was the last born in his family which was the least in their clan and the tribe of Manasseh, but the Lord saw a mighty man of valor, A mighty warrior in him. 

What do you see when you look at yourself?? have you ever taken time to ask God what He sees in you? Take time and speak to God. Allow him to change your perspective and how you view yourself and start seeing yourself the way He (God) sees you.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment